Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"First Movie"

Today I got a little sentimental for a silly reason. My friend Holly and I took our kids to the movie theater for a free showing of Madagascar 2. (A brilliant idea that Holly had since it's 105 degrees today, and by the way, she is full of these fabulous ideas :) Anyway, this morning while I was getting Grayson dressed I suddenly remembered a page in his baby book for all of his "firsts". When he was just a baby, I specifically remember looking at the spot titled "First Movie" and thinking "Well, that will be a loooong time before I fill that one in. It will be forever before he has the attention span for that!" At the theater, I got a little teary eyed as I looked over at him sitting in the seat beside me drinking his juice and loving every minute. Sniff sniff. (Of course, it only lasted 45 minutes before he decided that crawling under the seats and playing on the stairs was way more fun. Good thing it was free. And he had a nice full-blown temper tantrum on the way out to the car. So lovely :)

Update on "I Spy"...Grayson's latest obsession with this game turned into some clever manipulation last night. After dinner, Grayson broke out with "I spyyyy sumptin cookies, Mama. See sumptin cookies?" I had to give him props for the effort :)

3 comments:

maryh said...

laurie called today and i just found your link from her blog. so cute about the movie - they grow up so fast. i kind of wish mine would stay 2 1/2 forever because they are so darn cute (most of the time, you know what i mean!)

Anonymous said...

LeeAnn - Wow, so good to catch up on your blog. Colton loves to play "I Spy" also...except he says "I spy something yellow" - everytime!

Susan McC said...

We made a trip to Arkansas to see old friends when Laurie was about 3months old, and we ended up taking her with us to see "The Empire Strikes Back." I just fed Laurie through the whole movie! So she doesn't even remember it. The first time I took Laurie and Eric (cognizantly) to the theater was to see "Snow White," when they were about 3 and 4. We went in late to the darkened theater, and not until someone behind us laughed did Eric realize there were other people in the room! Then we went home and they were hungry, so I offered them an apple. After "Snow White"! They gave me looks of horror. Bad mommy!