I haven't blogged in awhile, but don't worry. Grayson doesn't disappoint. Here are some of his one-liners this past month that made me chuckle...
-He and Maya (our dog) were playing chase around the house. I love this game because it entertains and wears them out. At one point, he stops and says "Maya, you're crazy!" You think he's heard me say this before?
-We were riding in the car when he very matter-of-factly said "Mom, I'm Jesus." I was in shock and about to wreck the car from laughter when he piped up with "Nah, I'm God." I mean, he pretends he's certain cartoon characters sometimes, but this is taking it to a whole new level.
-Another Maya one-liner. They are pretty tight. I had just handed Maya over to the groomer one day and he kept saying "Maya, taking bath? I want Maya back!" It was cute to see him worried about her.
-I guess I forgot to blog about our fireworks experience on July 4th. We met up with my family at Lake Grapevine and watched the fireworks they shot off from The Gaylord. Grayson loved the whole thing despite the fact that it was already dark when we put the blanket down in the grass, and he started screaming only 5 minutes into the show because he was covered in ants. Leslie and I also got bitten, and I'm not sure who screamed louder, him or us? Sweet little Grayson has never once mentioned the awful ants, but stills talks about how fun the fireworks were and how they went "Boom boom boom, pop pop pop!"
-David, Grayson and I like to take walks around our neighborhood after dinner when the weather is nice. Grayson's favorite thing is to walk up to the junior high school at the end of our street, and play on all the steps, ramps, tennis courts, etc. He's calls it a "Grayson adventure!" He's easily entertained. Anyway, the other night he got to running too fast on the sidewalk and fell down pretty hard. David and I instantly knew it was bad because he usually gets right back up, dusts his hands off, and keeps going. He was screaming and blood was running out of his mouth. We rushed him back and were trying to get him to rinse his mouth out with water, so we could assess the damage. Praying it wasn't his teeth and gums that were bleeding. Thankfully I figured out it was only a busted lip. He finally calmed down enough for us to understand what he was saying over and over. He said with tears running down his cheeks "I want to go on walk again!" As soon as we said yes, he immediately stopped crying and was back to his chipper self. He could care less about the blood and the lip, there was a junior high school calling his name :)
Sunday, August 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Grayson is hilarious. I wish I could hang out with him all day and laugh. "Nah, I'm God." LeeAnn, that is CLASSIC!
Post a Comment