Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mom!

Last night, I had plans to eat dinner with friends, so David and Grayson were going to hang out at home together for a little father/son bonding. As I was getting ready, David was bracing himself for the usual crying and meltdown that Grayson does when he sees me leave, which is always worse around dinnertime because he's tired anyway. To keep the drama down, I try to keep my exits pretty nonchalant. I had just been spelling and motioning to David that I was about to L-E-A-V-E...so get ready!
Just then, Grayson looks at me and says "Bye Mom." And then goes about his business like he could care less who I was or wear I was going. He even threw in a extra touch and blew me a kiss on my way out the door. David and I jaw's dropped. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
I mean, really? As a stay-at-home mom I know I need healthy breaks from him to keep my sanity, and I figured the day would come when he would get sick of me too. But 2 1/2, really? To make myself feel better, before I had hit the end of the driveway, I decided that secretly he can spell and just likes to mess with our minds.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yea! Isn't that a good feeling when they don't throw a fit when you leave!! However, someday we will wish that they wanted to spend every mintue with us! Love the picture at the lake.